I just don't get some people. They are never happy unless they are complaining and making others feels like dirt on their shoe. This feeling of anger and frustration stems from my day today at the daycare.
There is a mother who believes that her child is the greatest and God's gift to mankind...seriously. Now I understand that parents are biased when it comes to their children, but no one is perfect. So this mother thinks that her two year old daughter is way too advanced for the likes of her current teachers (mind you both of us morning teachers have bachelor degrees, experience in the field and this particular mother has a high school diploma, but whatever). This mother had to have her daughter moved up to the two year old room two months before she turned two, because she is so gifted yet what this child has in academic learning she greatly lacks in social awareness and skills...however, don't forget that her child is the best ever. Now she doesn't think that we are teaching her anything so she has threatened to pull her daughter and find another center. Let me explain that every day we have educational components to our curriculm, but no it is not algebra or chemistry...oh yeah the children are two!!! (side note: this is also the mother that is a teacher's aide yet her child continues to go to daycare all summer and during all breaks during the school year)
Now I don't care if this mother dedcides to take her child out and find another daycare, because I know that she will never be pleased, but this parent never confronts the teachers. Instead she goes around and tells others how her complaints. I wish that I didn't care and I could chalk it all up to the that that this individual is crazy, but it just bothers me that people find it acceptable to act that way and to degrade others.
I still have my college statistics book...maybe I will bring that tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment