wood

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The word is "No"

I am a people pleaser and I really struggle with telling people no. The word is so simple, oh so simple. The problem with not being able to say no is that people usually take advantage of you. And it gets to the point where one can get resentful. So if people take advantage of someone who can't say no, is it their fault for continuing to use someone's niceness or is it the person who can't say no that is to blame. Well, I am sure that most will agree the fault is of the person who can't say no.



I feel selfish for telling people no. I feel like if I say no then I am disappointing that person and I would rather be put out then have someone else be.



So is there any advice out there....

1 comment:

  1. Read this article and hopefully it will make saying "No" a little bit easier.

    http://www.counsel.ufl.edu/selfHelpInformation/personalPower/how_to_say_no.aspx

    ReplyDelete