wood

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Up

Reid and I went to the movie "Up" last night...a thumbs UP review!

I knew going into it that it was going to be good due to some good reviews I got from friends, but when the premise is about an older gentleman, a boy scout, and a house flying by balloons to South America it's hard to imagine where the movie will go or should I say "fly"! I don't want to spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen the flick, but the most endearing theme in the movie is Carl's (older gentleman) and his late wife's Ellie's life together. They always wanted to go to South America to explore, but days went by and soon life happened before they ever got the chance to live out their dream. There was an older gentleman sitting in front of us at the theatre, I would say he was easily in his late 80's or early 90's. In the movie when Carl is looking through a scrapbook of the life he enjoyed sharing with Ellie and during this scene the man in front of us started crying. The man he was with, I presume his son, grabbed his hand and just held on. I was very touched by this display. I wondered about the older gentleman's life and the woman that he lost.

This movie is great for all ages, but I am guessing that adults relate to it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment