wood

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Emotional Attachment...to hair

Ok, so I admit it openly...I am emotionally attached to my hair.

I think the main reason for it is due to a short hair cut when I was a kid. Now I am not talking about a cute short girl cut, but instead a not so cute boy cut. So due to that I have this issue with cutting my hair too short and most importantly I am very particular about who cuts my hair. During college I found an amazing stylist in Brookings, SD. Her name is Jessica and she cuts and colors my hair just the way I like it. Well it was very convienent to have her do my hair while living in South Dakota, but I call a 9 1/2 hour commute a bit much. However, that is what I have done for the past 3 1/2 years while living in Illinois...I commute to Brookings, SD for my hair. Call me crazy, but it's true. Now of course I would only get my hair done when I was already planning on visiting family, but still it was getting a little ridiculous.

I have tried a few other stylists in the area, but I was just not impressed. So I am happy to say that after several years of looking I have found Jessica's equal! :) Her name is Laura and she works at Ginger Roots salon in Geneva, IL. She is great, amazing and coincidentally she lives in my neighborhood. Plus her and her hubby were married on Oct. 18th, 2008 as well. I suppose it is meant to be. Now of course I will still show my loyalty to Jessica and The Ritz in Brookings, SD, but now I can have my hair sprused up more then twice a year!

It has been a great hair day for Alysha Hamann

http://www.gingerroothairsalon.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment