wood

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Best Friend

Most people can't say that they married their best friend. A lot of relationships start off the bat without the history that a friendship brings and there is nothing wrong with that, but when you start a relationship with someone who you have been close friends it adds an interesting dynamic. Usually in a new relationship the couple will put their best foot forward. They get dressed up, clean their house/apartment, and answer questions to put themselves in a good light. When you have already had a friendship, that person has seen you after a day or so with no shower, has seen your apartment look like a war zone, and knows that you drink more Mt. Dew then any one person should in a day.


I wake up everyday feeling so blessed that I married my best friend.


Reid and I met in college right after I moved to South Dakota from Wisconsin. I didn't have a car so Reid would always let me borrow his and I am pretty sure he never took money for gas. Throughout college we were friends and I could always count on Reid for an intellectual conversation and due to our opposing opinions (democrat-republican, packer-viking) the conversation was never boring.


I remember when things started to change for me. Spring of 04', my junior year in college, my friend Sarah and I would go for walks at night and usually end up at Reid's house due to the fact that it was on our route. I remember during one of our walks I said to Sarah, "I think I'm starting to like Reid."


Now it wasn't "and they lived happily ever after", but it was the start of an amazing relationship.

This is our first documented picture May 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment