wood

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Refill


This is the question that is printed on a pajama shirt that my dad has framed in his office.  I believe that it was a gift from a member of the congregation he served in Winterset, IA. 

I have always really loved this quote.  I think that as adults we forget that there is not a limit to our ability to love.  We can love everyone without needing a reason and even when we think that we can't love anymore there is a refill ready with our name on it. 

When I look at my son I can't honestly believe that I can love him anymore then I already do, but somehow magically at 2:00 am when I am exhausted and he is hungry I look at the beautfiul innocent face and fall more in love with him.

Love is limitless even when we are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment