wood

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What's in a name

When it came to picking out a name for our son, I really struggled.  I have the teacher's curse.  There are names that I have loved in the past, but after teaching preschool for a few years some of those names have been taken off the table.  There was one name that really stuck with me though and that was Noah.  Now of course there is a famous Noah, even more famous then the character Noah from the book/movie "The Notebook" :)

When I think of the name Noah I do think of the biblical pioneer.  To me the name Noah represents someone who is a good listener, a great builder, and a lover of animals.  The name Noah means comfort and peace and I love the idea that a man can represent those words. 

His middle name is Charles which is in honor of my father. The meaning of the name Charles is strong man. 

I love the idea that my son's name represents a man of strength thru peace.  I think it fits him well.  He loves to look around and just take things in.

Noah Charles Hamann




No comments:

Post a Comment