For the first three months of my pregnancy I could barely eat water. Nothing sounded good and watching TV turned into torture when any type of food commercial would come on. I lost weight and was concerned that I would never have a good relationship with food again.
My husband read that I should be eating protein so he would constantly ask me how much protein I had eaten that day and of course my response was, "Well, how much protein is in water, saltine crackers, and pizza hut breadsticks?". Oh yeah, I should mention that I craved pizza hut breadsticks of all things, very strange.
So now I am in my fourth month :) and the baby has been very hungry for all of the horrible guilty pleasure foods. Now, I really do not like eating fast food, but I think that the slippery slope of fast food joints is that once you start that habit it can be very addicting. So the first thing I craved was bacon, egg, and cheese buiscuits from McDonalds and then it was McDonalds cheeseburgers. I understand that I don't have to listen to my cravings, but when you have not been able to eat for several months you are really willing to listen to your body as long as it is hungry for something.
So last night Reid and I were having a relaxing Sunday night and we were watching "Anchorman-The Legend of Ron Burgundy". Now I don't love this movie, but it was all that was on so we watched it. There is a scene in the movie where Ron throws a burrito out his car window and hits a man on a motorcycle. After watching that scene I was instantly hungry for Taco Bell tacos...do I have issues or what.
No comments:
Post a Comment