wood

Monday, August 31, 2009

Maggie Mae aka Mag Pie

If anyone has seen Marley and Me I am sure that you remember the ending words...
Something to the effect of "Dogs don't need fancy cars or houses. Give them your heart and they will give it back".

Last April Reid and I adopted Maggie from Rover Rescue, a shelter in Aurora, IL. I had made up my mind that I wanted a dog and luckily for me Reid went along with it. Maggie was found starved and neglected. Her malnurishment caused her growth to be stunted which made her appear younger then she really was. The posting for her on adopt a pet.com said that she was a 4 month old beagle, but when she was taken to the vet they discovered that she was between 6-7 months old. She was completely emaciated, you could count her ribs by just looking at her and her hip bones stuck sharply out. At Rover Rescue try to place dogs in foster homes instead of keeping them in a shelter. When I called Maggie's foster parents I was informed that she was sick due to the neglect she suffered and would be in need of a lot of spoiling and attention. I assured the foster parent that we were prepared to do just that, love Maggie.

How did we ever live without her?


My favorite part of the day is watching Maggie's reaction to Reid coming home. You have never seen any being so excited as she is.

Everyone who has met Maggie loves her, how could you not?!


No comments:

Post a Comment