So one night I suggested that my husband and I go for a run the next morning. Things like exercising always sound like a good idea at the time, but when the alarm goes off at 5:30 am I can not think of anything that sounds less appealing. Now if my plan was to run alone I could have easily convinced myself to hit the snooze, but since my husband was going skipping out of the morning run committment was less likely to happen. So like a child I pout and whine desperately wishing that my husband will just say forget it. He doesn't. So we run.
Now about a quarter mile into our run we go by a large retention pond that usually has fog hovering over it. By the pond there lives a very grumpy and angry goose. The goose kind of reminds me of the troll in the story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. Now we don't have to cross a bridge like in the story, but we do have to worry about this goose's disposition.
The first encounter we had with the goose startled us. It was dark outside and we had not noticed Mr. Angry Goose until he was right there. The second encounter was one of mistaken identity. As we approached the pond I heard a hissing sound that I thought was a snake, but low and behold it was Mr. Angry Goose attempting to chase us away. The last few morning runs our friend Mr. Angry Goose has not made an appearance. Maybe he was able to hit his snooze button and continue to dream of chasing the annoying runners away at 5:30 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment