I love working in child welfare. It has made a home in my heart. The other day I had a real big hang up with my passion...so without giving any details it is like the same story that I see time after time: parents are not willing to make the changes needed to keep their child/children, so the child/children are removed from their care. If there is more then one child the chances that the children will stay together is very small.
When I saw our little peanut the other day I had this feeling take over me that I would do anything for this child. Most importantly I will love and guide this child through his/her life because as a parent that is my responsibility. So dealing with parents who put their own needs above their children's well being now sits with me very differently. I am not saying that I ever thought that the actions of the parents I deal with were ok, but I now have a different perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment