wood

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Me Book

When I was in 5th grade attending Cora B. Darling Elementary School, I had an assignment to create a book that displayed my life and outlined my hopes and dreams...or something along those lines. As I read through a written and drawn account of my life, I had to smile and laugh. There was a page entitled "What I Want To do When I Grow Up" and as a child I was unclear of what I wanted as an adult however I did have lofty goals.

"I'm not sure yet, but I think that I want to be a singer, someone who comforts little kids at the hospital if they are scared, or a fashion designer. I want to be a movie star. I want to live in Hollywood or I want to live in Hawaii."

I don't have the heart to tell 5th grade Alysha Miller that she doesn't grow up to be a singer turned movie star with a home in Hollywood and Hawaii. I suppose I can just tell her that she does grow up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment