My Dad has to undergo a double bypass
and
A volcano in Iceland shuts down London's Heathrow airport
Seriously, what are the odds?
My Mom called me a week before our trip and informed me that my Dad had failed two stress tests and now is at St. Mary's Hospital in Madison, WI awaiting news on his heart. So I think to myself, has the time come where my parents are no longer invincible? The news of my father's condition hit me hard. They discovered that my Dad had two 100% blockages and one 50% blockage. He was scheduled to have a double bypass that coming Monday however when he was discharged from the hospital for the weekend they surgeon informed him that his surgery had been moved to Wednesday. So that Wednesday the Miller family gathered at St. Mary's Hospital. The bishop stopped in right before the surgery and he talked with my Dad and then prayed with us. It was the first time in my life I cried during the Lord's Prayer. They took my Dad in around12:30pm and the next time we saw him he was in recovery in the Cardic ICU and it was 9:30 pm. More to come on that subject...
So on top of all of that a volcano in Iceland decided to start burping and spitting up ash. Now normally this kind of news would not really cross my mind twice, but this fun volcano was putting ash so far up into the air that it was affecting the flight patterns of many airports...one of them being London's Heathrow Airport. The same airport that I was going to be connecting into in a week. So checking the travel news became my new obsession and any news whether good or bad I hung on until any new information came. Finally the day before we flew out Heathrow was at 100% capacity for flying...YEAH!!!!!
It was a very intense last few weeks of April. I never really experienced the saying "In like a lamb out like a lion"...all I have to say is, "Bring it on Simba".
No comments:
Post a Comment