wood

Monday, October 12, 2009

A book in the mail

Last week was tough....
My car was totaled, bad/crazy things were going down at work, I was stressed about car shopping, and was just stressed in general. Because of the stress I was getting headaches every day...not a fan :( Now my intention of this blog is not to sound like "woe is me" although I would understand if it was interpreted in that way. My intention is to express thanks and reflect on how acts of kindness help a person climb out of the hole they feel they are in.

I got home from work and in the mail was a package from my sister-in-law. Its contents contained the book Girl with A Pearl Earring and a nice note. My sister-in-law saw this book and wanted me to read it before my trip to Holland this spring. I was so touched that she thought of me.

After a night of car shopping Reid and I went out to eat at a fantastic place called Sweet Tomatoes. While I was standing in a cashier's lane a nice stranger gave me two coupons to use on our meals. It was a simple gesture that was unexpected and much appreciated.

I am so humbled by the kindness of others. I know that big things/events matter, but all the little things help us to put the big things in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...I'm so glad the book arrived.

    Sorry to hear about your accident. They are absolutely NO fun...but I'm so grateful that both of you we not hurt.

    Looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving...or at least sometime during the holidays.

    Blessings...love you.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete