For Mother's Day I knew that Noah would probably not know exactly what I would like so I went ahead and bought myself a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. I figure he would want me to have my absolute favorite sweet.
Before I finish my story I should probably explain to those who don't know about my son and his blanket. My husband and I call Noah "Linus" because he totes his blue blanket around just like the Charlie Brown character. He also loves to suck his thumb while holding a corner of the blanket. There are times when I have been rocking him to sleep that he will have his eyes closed and will still search the blanket for the corner before planting his thumb in his mouth.
Now back to the story...
On Mother's Day when I went into Noah's room after his nap to get him out of his crib and I found him sitting in his crib sucking his thumb with the blue blanket corner in his hand. When he saw me he got a big smile on his face and started yelling, "Mommy!". I asked him what he got me for Mother's Day and without hesitating he grabbed his blanket and handed me the corner.
Talk about something sweet for Mother's Day :)
Awww so sweet :-)
ReplyDelete