wood

Monday, June 13, 2011

Country Road

It is funny how the same action can give you two opposite emotions.  For me driving down my in-laws driveway gives me two conflicting sets of feelings; happiness and sadness.  As Reid and I drive into the yard of his parents' homestead I get this excited feeling in my heart.  I feel like I am home. I get to look forward to a break from whatever chaos was left back in Illinois.  Then like a sick joke at the end of our stay we drive down the driveway on our way back to Illinois wishing that we were driving in not out.  And it nevers fails that when we are making our way back to Illinois we see another vehicle somewhere in Wisconsin that is traveling the same way we are, east, but has a South Dakota license plate.  Without hesitation I yell to the vehicle to turn around because they are going the wrong way, home is back out west.

No comments:

Post a Comment